You asked for it, so here it is, my creamy chicken enchilada recipe! This is an easy recipe and we think it is delicious! I serve it with rice and beans and fresh avocado.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 2 cups of cooked chicken (You can use rotisserie chicken for simplicity but I like to boil and shred chicken tenders.)
- 8 flour tortillas
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Refried Beans (optional)
- Spanish Rice (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven at 350* and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until blended. Stir in broth and heat to a simmer on high heat. Simmer until thickened (1-2 minutes). Add in cream cheese and beat until smooth and lump-free.
- Pour 1/2 of the sauce into the baking dish.
- Put shredded chicken and cheese into each tortilla and wrap the tortilla tightly.
- Place each rolled tortilla, seem side down, into the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining sauce and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake 20 minutes.
Dig in and enjoy!
Be the good.