To celebrate my 33rd birthday this past Saturday, I thought I would share 33 things you might not know about me. I stole this idea from an amazing blogger I follow, Magen Reaves, because, how fun is it to learn random facts about people?! Enjoy!
- When I was young, I wanted my name to be Sam. I thought it was the best name because it could be girly (Samantha) or tomboyish (Sam) which was, I thought, perfect for me.
- I LOVE music! I can rap with 90’s-00’s finest, sing with angst to alternative rock, rock out with boy bands to country stars, get all the feels from singer-songwriters, and everything in between.
- I graduated high school with 27 people in my class and quickly escaped to a huge university (Texas Tech) where I knew only a handful of people.
- I met my husband at a concert. He asked me to dance, commented on how tall I am, and the rest is history.
- I would eat Mexican food for every meal if it were acceptable.
- Once I start a good book, I loose all sense of reality and can’t stop reading until it’s finished.
- I grew up with addiction in my family and it’s something I will write about one day. I hope to be able to help children of addicts and addicts themselves using my story.
- I went to my first concert when I was in elementary school- Travis Tritt. Since then, I have been to thousands of live shows including Aerosmith 5 times.
- I should have been born in the 60s. I would make a great hippy.
- I would move to the mountains if my husband were on board.
- I was a cheerleader in high school. No, there weren’t tryouts. How do you think I made the squad?
- I was the first woman in my family to graduate from college. I graduated from Texas Tech in 3.5 years with honors- something I am very proud of.
- I have 2 tattoos and want 2 more.
- I hope to write a book one day.
- My husband and I rode motorcycles when we first started dating. We sold it when we bought our house and I miss it, sometimes.
- I have 1 sibling- a brother (who is super cute and single if anyone is looking) and 2 cousins that I consider siblings.
- I married into a huge family, that I love. We had around 70 people at Christmas!
- I played volleyball and basketball in high school. I was offered the chance to play basketball at a small university but turned it down to attend Texas Tech. Volleyball was my favorite sport to play.
- I can talk sports better than most men I know. I love football and baseball.
- Anthropologie is my favorite store. I can’t spend that kind of money but find their stores incredibly inspiring.
- I’ve always loved quotes and have kept a book of quotes that inspire me since I was a young girl.
- I would rather eat fruit than candy/sweets but will take chips and hot sauce over anything.
- I have lots of dreams and still don’t know exactly what I want to be when I grow up.
- I’m a terrible movie watcher. I fall asleep every time!
- I’ve been a teacher for 12 years. I’ve taught 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 6th grade and coached 7th grade.
- The next place on my Bucket List is the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN.
- I LOVE to dance- any kind of dancing! 2-steppin’, hip hop, literally any dance!
- I have always loved home decor and started rearranging furniture when I was a toddler. My husband still comes home to furniture moved around, walls painted, and new projects on the reg.
- When I was young, I wanted to be a fashion designer and live in New York. Now, I am a teacher in small town, Texas and love our small town life.
- My favorite flowers are Peonies and Gerbera Daisies.
- I’ve owned 3 Toyota 4Runners and I will buy another when this one dies.
- I love power tools and, when I use them, I feel like I can rule the world.
- I have a dog named Lola. She is a Welsh Collie and was our first child.
Thank you to everyone who reads the blog and has been a part of the last year. This really is something I enjoy doing and hope that it will grow into something that can help lots of people! My birthday weekend was amazing! It included a dinner that I didn’t have to cook, a hotel room that I did’t have to clean, and a JJ Grey and Mofro concert! I was showered with love and isn’t that all we need?Much love to you all!
Be the good.