If you’re looking for a lighter alternative to traditional chili, look no further! This white chicken chili recipe originally comes from The Chunky Chef but I included the recipe here for easy access. You are going to want to have this one handy because it is so good! I served it topped with some Mexican blend shredded cheese and fresh avocado slices. Yum!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 2 cans of Great Northern Beans
- 2 cans of green chiles
- 24oz chicken broth
- 1 can of corn
- 4oz of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of half and half
- Spices: salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili, cayenne, onion, and garlic
- Optional toppings: tortilla chips, avocado, Mexican blend cheese, jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro
- Place raw chicken in the bottom of the crockpot and top with desired spices.
- Add in great northern beans, green chiles, corn, and chicken broth and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
- Remove chicken and shred it before adding it back to the crockpot. I loved this part because I got to use my Wolverine shredders that Brady got me for Christmas. They are awesome and you can find them HERE. I can’t find the exact set that I have, but these are close. #adulting
- Add the cream cheese and half and half and stir. Let the chili cook for about 15 more minutes, or until thick and creamy.
- Stir well and add desired toppings. Enjoy and prepare to get lots of compliments!
Let me know what you think and if you change anything!
Be the good.